1. Poland seeks to extend state of emergency on Belarus borders
Interior Minister Mariusz Kaminski told reporters Monday that Poland has recorded 9,400 attempts to illegally cross the Polish border from Belarus since August, with 8,200 of them being foiled. He said about 1,200 people are being held in detention centres after being caught attempting to illegally enter Poland.
He presented the findings of Poland’s special services, which alleged that the phones of some of those detained show evidence of them having a criminal past, including ties to terrorist organizations, and in some cases longstanding ties to Russia.
The materials “suggest that Russia is emerging as more and more important point on the illegal migratory route to Poland and the European Union. Some of the detainees had photos documenting their long-standing relationship with Russia,” a statement from the special services said.
2. S&P raises Poland’s GDP growth forecast for 2021
Rating agency Standard and Poor’s (S&P) has raised Poland’s economic growth forecast to 5.1 percent in 2021 from the 4.5 percent expected earlier.
At the same time, S&P has lowered its forecast regarding Poland’s economic growth in 2022 from 5.4 percent to 5.3 percent, the company said in a report published on Monday.
3. Poland still not paying fine for not closing disputed lignite mine
Poland has not yet started paying a EUR 500,000 daily fine for its failure to suspend operations at the Turów open-cast lignite mine, a government spokesman said.
Poland was ordered by the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) to start paying the fine on September 20.
According to the CJEU, the fine is to be paid until the date on which that member state complies with the provisions of a court order made on May 21, 2021.
4. Communists win local election in Austria’s second largest city
The Austrian Communist Party has unexpectedly won a municipal election in the country’s second-largest city, Graz.
According to preliminary results, the KPÖ came out on top on Sunday with 29% of the vote, ahead of the centre-right Austrian People’s Party (ÖVP) on 25.7%.
The ÖVP mayor Siegfried Nagl, who has led the city for 18 years, announced he would step down from his post.
GLOBAL/FOOD FOR THOUGHT
5. ADL launches Holocaust education program in the US with L’Oreal USA
ADL and L’Oreal USA are trying to fight the rise in antisemitism in the US by educating middle and hight school students about the Holocaust
It’s the same ADL that demands the firing of Tucker Carlson from Fox News and the FBI criminal investigation of Gab social media platform, that smears and libels any America First cause and person, that pushes relentlessly for open borders and no limits on “immigration” and “refugees” has now teamed for the purpose of “Holocaust education program” with France’s L’Oreal cosmetics company built by a pro-Nazi, pro-Vichy government, Jew-hating Eugène Schueller who financed the terror operations of the fascist, intensely antisemitic La Cagoule group in 1935 to 1941.
Here is what Michelle Malkin has written about ADL in her article: http://vdare.com/articles/michelle-malkin-chutzpah-adl-wants-a-federal-bailout
“The smear merchants of the Anti-Defamation League are at the bottom of the barrel. For decades, they’ve demonized conservatives and Christians as agents of “hate” and treated our very existence as incitements to violence. [snip] The primary “front lines” ADL occupies are on the battlefields against American sovereignty and free speech. By my count, the open borders zealots of ADL have filed 17 amicus briefs in our courts supporting obstruction of Trump’s immigration enforcement and national security measures. The group is particularly proud of its brief in Trump v. Hawaii, in which it “led a coalition of six Jewish organizations using our unique moral voice to passionately argue against the so-called Muslim ban.”
“ADL swooped in with a raging condemnation of me and others who “demonize Mexicans and immigrants, blaming them for the spread of the virus. ADL’s virtue-signalers went on to warn that “(a)nti-immigrant groups and some mainstream media commentators are using the outbreak to advance their prejudiced views and agendas, warning that the virus in the U.S. is the result of illegal immigration.”
6. The West is repeating mistakes of the Roman Empire, which didn’t end well
[…] No matter if the civilization abandons its original values – the precise values that led to its greatness – no matter how it deprives its population of wealth and justice, no matter how many wars it initiates along with the suffering of civilians, somehow its corrupted elites still believe that their empire will always remain superior to all others.
7. A Hinge Moment of History
By Mark Steyn
- We are living in a blizzard of lies.
- [W]e are more dependent on a handful of woke billionaires to tell us what reality is. They are far more open than ever that they get to determine what are the agreed facts. Google made an explicit announcement about this recently. They said that sometimes they would put warnings on things that are factually accurate because, even though they are true, they do not think it is in society’s interest for people to be seeing it.
- [N]ow you will be banned or deleted or blocked or silenced simply for disagreeing with the official version of events. For example, the Great Barrington declaration, which was written by three of the most prominent epidemiologists in the world from Harvard, Oxford, and I think it was Stanford. That was basically deleted from YouTube, banned from Facebook, simply because it contradicted the WHO, CDC official version of events.
- It is just groupthink enforced by a cabal of woke billionaires, who have more power than anyone else on the planet.
- The other thing that emerged during this year very quickly is that we are at a hinge moment of history. We were told a generation or two back that, by doing trade with China, China would become more like us. Instead, on issues such as free speech, we are becoming more like China.
- American companies are afraid of offending China. American officials are afraid of offending China. We are adopting Chinese norms on issues such as free speech and basic disagreements with the government of China.
- We’re living in the early stages of a future that is the direct consequence of poor public policy over the last couple of generations. We are not even aware of that….
- Right now, we are witnessing a non‑stop continuous transfer of power to a country that is serious about using that power. This is China’s moment. Take it as someone who grew up, in large part, in a great power in decline. There’s no real explicit handover day. People, in hindsight, expect to pinpoint the day that the baton was passed…. My great worry is that actually, the transfer to China has already happened. The baton has already been passed. We just haven’t formally acknowledged that yet.
- If you have no basic election integrity, essentially, all the other issues are irrelevant.
- Big Tech has essentially wrecked the internet.
- Now Facebook is working with state power. The first place these Big Tech guys learned to do this was with China…. I’m in favor of breaking these companies up as soon as we can.
- Standard Oil was broken up because of its control over the oil business. Facebook and Google and Apple have far more control over their business than Standard Oil did 110 years ago. The difference is that their business is knowledge and the access to knowledge, which is more important even than oil.
- At some point, if we’re not prepared to stand up… My whole thing, in all the years, is that Western civilization is sliding off a cliff and most citizens of most Western nations are not even aware of it.
- We are the civilization that built the modern world. If you do not like us, we can go back to what it was 500 years ago. Basically, the world functions because of the world we built.
8. Who would hid a Jew if Nazis took over America
- I asked Sam Oliner, “Knowing all you now know about who rescued Jews during the Holocaust, if you had to return as a Jew to Poland and you could knock on the door of only one person in the hope that they would rescue you, would you knock on the door of a Polish lawyer, a Polish doctor, a Polish artist or a Polish priest? “Without hesitation, he responded, “Polish priest.” And his wife immediately added, “I would prefer a Polish nun.”I should note that neither had a religious agenda, as both were secular Jews.[…] But any honest person would still bet on a priest before a doctor, artist, lawyer or professor. It is one reason I believe that the decline of Judeo-Christian religions is a calamity: We will produce fewer people who will do great good.
- According to this study, individuals who were considered “eccentric” prior to the war were disproportionately represented among those who hid Jews.
- We have seen herdlike behavior and an unquestioning obedience to authority that few expected to witness in previously free countries such as the English-speaking ones. Worse, we have seen unquestioning obedience to irrational authority. […] tens of millions of Americans are unquestioningly obeying irrational orders and castigating those resisting or even questioning them.
- If a Nazi-like doctrine took over America, and you could knock on the door of someone who obeyed all government orders regarding masks, regardless of their rationality, or someone who questioned government authority and obeyed few or none of its mask orders – on whose door would you knock? If you were given the choice between knocking on the door of an atheist professor and the door of an Evangelical pastor or a Catholic priest – on whose door would knock?
9. Liberal Soros Connected Group Sends Letter to FCC Calling to “Shoot Republicans”
George Soros is behind numerous groups whose purpose is power. Two of these groups are the Center for American Progress and the Open Society Foundations. Another is Free Press.
Like all things left, whether bills or entity names, left-wing related entities, and policies always have grandiose names that represent the opposite of what they really are. [,,,] A left-wing group funded by the Center for American Progress and George Soros’s Open Society Foundations submitted a letter to the government that advocated for murdering Republicans.